"Patience doesn't mean making a pact with the devil of denial, ignoring our emotions and aspirations. It means being wholeheartedly engaged in the process that's unfolding, rather than ripping open a budding flower or demanding a caterpillar hurry up and get that chrysalis stage over with."
"If we were fossils of two snails caught in a rock for millions of years. Would we know we were together?"
"Every flower blooms at its own pace."
- "Nelipot" = one who walks barefoot.
- Beautiful barefoot sandals by GPYoga on Etsy
All of a sudden I found myself wanting to be barefoot whenever I was outside. I looked it up thinking there's gotta be scientific truth behind it. Turns out walking around barefoot is extremely good for us.. If you don't do it a lot you should start!
Benefits I found..
- Absorb free energy from Mother Earth and in turn reduce negative anxiety.
- Natural stretching of the toes and foot/ankle ligaments. Free reflexology!
- Combat varicose veins, who knew!
- Improves circadian rhythm. Yes!
- Grounding/earthing benefits.
Some people think it's silly to believe in tree hugging.. but I think it's silly not to. Truth is laying in the bare grass, atop wise old roots.. below the clever, waving leaves.. having a relationship with the natural world is vital to our survival, and happiness.
We tend to separate ourselves from nature like we're superior but we ARE nature.. everything around us in nature supports and connects us. Next time you're out, take off your shoes, feel the earth beneath you and let the ground radiate its heartbeat into yours.
There's a reason we were born with no shoes.